Friday, June 06, 2003

It's time for "Dawn's really weird story of the week"... :)

So Tuesday night, Gabe went to play Marvel with the boys... this left me at home... I ended up online for about 3 hours or so, chatting with assorted friends, and randomly surfing... any rate, around 10:30, I decided to go to bed... put "Labyrinth" in the DVD player, and tried to go to sleep... took me a little while, but I finally fell asleep...

I wake up about quarter after 12... the end credits are rolling, and Gabe is home... and he comes into the bedroom to ask me why I had the stereo on if I was watching a movie... I'm half asleep, but I am at least coherent enough to say that I didn't have the stereo on, just the movie...

Okay, this is just plain weird... the stereo, which had been turned off, had come on, and started playing a CD... my first thought was that maybe, somehow, Gabe coming in to the apartment was enough to move the air to nudge the on button and the play button... even with our ghetto-fabulous stereo, sometimes you only have to press play once... but then he told me that it was on the 2nd track of the CD that was playing, right when he walked in the door... so that doesn't make sense...

I've never been known to sleepwalk, so the chances of me having turned it on are pretty slim... and it's not possible for anyone else to have come in and turned it on... so my best guesses are psychic powers, ghosts, or something really bizarre with air currents and such... *shrug*... in other words, no good explanation... :)

What's really creepy, though, is that the 2nd track on that CD (Cruxshadows, if you were curious) starts out with fairly creepy organ music... so that's what was playing when he walked in to the apartment... :)

No comments: