Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Movie to go out and rent: "Donnie Darko"

We watched it on Sunday night, and it was awesome! :) If you ever want to play a schizophrenic Malkavian, this could be a useful start to your preparations... definitely worth watching, regardless of your character intentions...

So let's see... weekend recap...

Friday night we ended up playing HeroClix, which was a lot of fun... for those who haven't heard of it, it's basically a miniatures game, where the miniatures are based on Marvel (or DC) comic characters... you get to pick characters to use based on their points (and everyone starts with the same number of points)... so I had Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, and Wolfsbane... except that I had the Rookie Jean Grey, so that she didn't even have Telekinesis... hell, she didn't have any special powers at all! Still, though, I had fun with it... :) Then on Saturday, we of course had to go get some HeroClix of our own... :) We're up to 36 of them now... :)

Saturday game was pretty kewl... MUCH better than last week, though the repercussions may end up sucking greatly... *sigh*... but I'll get over it, I'm sure... :)

Sunday was basically a day for sleeping late, and doing nothing... which was nice... and then I was off yesterday, which was also nice... :) Wrestling was typical, but made good background noise for chit-chat and looking at HeroClix... and then Gabe got to make his character for Karac's Marvel game, which plays tonight... his character ended up pretty kewl, I think... :) Even though I don't know Marvel all that well, I was at least able to give him a couple of ideas... :)

No comments: