Wednesday, November 30, 2005

So the newly watched movies for this past week were "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "King Arthur." I had heard bad reviews of both, so I was a bit skeptical...

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" - Well, yeah, this one was not so good. It did make me want to get my own copy of the books, so I can see just where all they went wrong... because I know there was a whole lot of wrong... I seriously think there were parts in the movie that were NOT in the books... but maybe that's just cuz I haven't read them in four years or so...

"King Arthur" - This one, on the other hand, was rather good. Yes, there were historical inaccuracies that irked me (specifically the armor and weapons), but overall, it was a good story, and I like the idea of Arthur being at least partially Roman, because it makes sense, based on the evidence. Didn't know anything about the Sarmatians, so I'll have to do some research on them. But they seemed plausible, at least... :)

No movies on the agenda at present, though I ended up with a couple of free rentals, and J told me where the specific video store is located... so we shall see what there is to see... :)

::..::

In other news, I think I have an idea for music day (Wednesdays) next year. I will ponder it further, and reveal the plan when the time is right... :)
.

No comments: