Monday, December 05, 2005

Another post rearranged week, mainly because I haven't watched any movies for the past week. I almost put one on yesterday, but as I didn't have any good ideas on what to watch, I didn't. :)

But I did do the craft fair thing last Thursday-Saturday, and it ended up being not too bad, overall. I didn't do well on Thursday and Friday, but Saturday made up for it. Over the course of the weekend, I got three commissioned projects, two of which were pre-paid, so that made me happy. Now, to find the time to finish those, along with all of the other stuff that I need to be working on (including one commission that is long overdue, but I can't find the yarn I need for it. Part of it may have to be rethought due to that fact. *sigh*)

I have decided, though, that I'm going to try to go with some slightly different stuff in the future, because everyone and their brother makes hats to sell at these things. I've taken apart a large number of hats already, and I think once I get a few more taken apart, and get to a point where I'm happy with the stock I have, there will be no more new ones made, except for special requests. Too many people want a very specific color combination, and it always turns out to be one that I hadn't thought of. *sigh*...

I think I'm going to turn my attention to making purses for a bit, and also some pillows. I made J a pillow just for the hell of it, and then one for Cindy for her b-day. And they are the softest, awesome-est pillows ever. :)

And I need to make more yellow roses before Valentine's Day, because I have none left. Plenty of reds and pinks, just no yellow, or white. Need both of those, I think. :)

I also got to do some tie-dyeing yesterday, for the first time in ages. Was a lot of fun, and I get to go back over there tomorrow to see how our stuff turned out. I hope it will be good. I tie-dyed some yarn, and I'm looking forward to then getting to crochet with it... but I bet it's gonna turn my hands funny colors... :)
.

No comments: