Monday, November 21, 2005

Well, I managed to watch a BUNCH of movies over the course of the past week or two, so we shall mention some... :)

"The Gamers" - This movie is a riot, especially if you've ever played D&D. It's an exceptionally low budget, indy movie, but it managed to win some award at GenCon and get distributed. The acting is more or less crap, but the premise and execution are pretty good. It's making the rounds of the local gaming crowd, and people are enjoying it immensely. :)

"Big Fish" - I bought this a while back, but hadn't broken it out till the other day. Still as good as it was in the theatre, and still makes me wanna cry at parts. But I watched it with the sound almost completely off, cuz Doc was sleeping at the time, so I missed a lot, I know.

"Madagascar" - Had to buy this as soon as humanly possible. The penguin Christmas short is amazing. You have to see it. :)

"Blade: Trinity" - I had been avoiding this one because I heard it sucked, but I was able to borrow it (along with a few other movies that are supposed to be crappy), so I didn't mind wasting a couple of hours watching it. And honestly, it wasn't all that bad. It portrays vampires VERY comic book-like, but other than that, it's okay. I mean, it IS based on comics... :)

I have "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "King Arthur" both on the docket for this week, both borrowed. w00t! :)

::..::

In other news, only three days of work this week, and lots to get done. I should get started on that... :)
.

No comments: