Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Well, only OWBN this past weekend, and it was formal Elysium. Mel ended up dropping $300,000 on two items, but as that was money that the Giovanni had given her, it wasn't too bad. She also handed off some money to Moonbeam, I think another $100,000, because Moonbeam was bidding heavily on the Oreos. Which she won. :)

Year old Oreos. $10,000. That's what you get when the Toreador auctioneer says he MIGHT throw in a kiss... :)

Unfortunately, rushing before game and miscommunication caused some difficulties, but don't they always? The good news is that it got mostly sorted out, and now I just need to make sure that the STs get a write-up on the whole Elysium security thing and S.U.K.E. Never thought I'd appreciate something that Mel's damn childe did for her, but I do... :)

In other gaming news, I've been vaguely pondering running a girls only D&D game, running it at the same time J runs his boys only D&D game. Granted, this started out as kind of a joke, but if there's enough interest, I might do it... would be a bit of work, though, as I don't really know 3rd ed all that well... so we'll have to see about that.

I'm not surprised that I'm really liking this whole only two local LARPs thing, with a third that runs every other month. I think I mentioned before that I had gotten up to six LARPs briefly. That was insanity. I'll probably want more in a bit, but for now, 2 (1/2) is good. :)

And in other other news, I should be in a better mood than I am in at the moment. Life is good, the sun is shining, and I finally got the Lincoln book completed to the point where I could send it to the other editor. I'm just grumpy for no apparent reason. I'm sure I'll get over it. :)
.

No comments: