Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Yay for new music! :)

I got all three of Hungry Lucy's CDs in the mail yesterday, which means I have lots of happy girlie goth-y stuff to listen to now. I've not actually heard all of it just yet, but I like what I have heard.

I also managed to find either all or almost all of the the new Lacuna Coil CD. I say either all or almost all, because the first two times I got "Fragile," it was actually "Elegy" by Leaves' Eyes... yes, metal... yes, female fronted... but not Lacuna Coil. Now I'm not 100% sure that I have the actual song "Closer." But I'd say that the rest of the CD is definitely Lacuna Coil. So that's a bonus. :)

Interestingly, between these CDs, I now have 2 new Depeche Mode covers, and I like both of them. Hungry Lucy does "Blue Dress," which I had heard before and really liked. Lacuna Coil does "Enjoy the Silence," and I was REALLY worried about that one. I have the Failure and HIM covers of the same song, both of which I like pretty well... I just wasn't sure how it would translate out to a woman singing it. It worked out just fine. I was pleased. :)

In other news, I finished Emelia's soundtrack last night, though I forgot to check and see if "Amelia" (which I think is Sisters of Mercy, but I may be wrong about that) would work. Ah well. It's a nice, compact soundtrack. Background is over halfway written now, and I know where I'm going with the rest. I kinda want to finish it this afternoon so I can give it to Jim tonight at our LARP ST meeting, but we'll see if that happens or not... :)
.

No comments: