Thursday, June 22, 2006

Shuddup about me not posting all week. I've been working and doing other stuff. :)

Yesterday, Bryan and Vanessa brought me kittens. I didn't think I was going to get kittens, even though we had talked about it, because I said "no, I don't think we need kittens. I'm never home." But then they brought them anyway, and once they're there, you can't say no to kittens.

So we now have a momma cat, Moxie Guinness God (Jesi named her Moxie, but toyed with the other names, so I have decreed this to be her full name. Mostly, she's just Moxie, which seems to fit her nicely.), who is a very dark brown mottled color, with some patches of much lighter brown. I think maybe she kinda looks like coffee with a little bit of creamer that hasn't quite been stirred in yet.

See for yourself. This is her very surly, "what is my baby doing?" picture, as she lounges in her favorite sleeping spot, the TMBG quilt of legend. It's not quite done yet. Megan wants it. The cats like to sleep on it tho... we shall see who wins the epic battle for the quilt of comfiness.

The baby cat, Vladimir, a.k.a. Vlad the Impaler, Voivod of Wallachia (yes, I named my cat after Dracula. Did you expect any less from me?), is my sweetie. He is solid black, which is everything I ever wanted in a kittie. :)

And here is Vlad. He is the tiniest little thing EVAR, and too frickin' adorable on top of that. This morning, he entertained me by chasing his own tail, freaking out about his shadow, chasing his momma's tail, and playing with a wadded up paper bag that I found.

So far, they seem to be doing wonderfully in making the transition from outside cats to inside cats. They seem to understand the concept of the litterbox, which makes me SUPER happy. They haven't attacked my yarn yet, which is also SUPER good, because I have a lot of yarn.

Still need to find them a vet, and get them all checked out. I can already tell that they're prolly a bit underweight, as both are skinny as rails, but I'm sure once they adjust a little bit more, they'll eat plenty. And they both need declawed, because as cruel as some people may find that, Moxie put her front paws on my leg while I was eating breakfast today, and her claws were poking through my pants. NOT pleasant. :( I don't care if they claw up my couch, since it's already pretty well clawed to hell and back by cats at its former residence, but I don't like them clawing up ME. :) And they both need to be neutered. Vlad is apparently from Moxie's 2nd litter, and she's only about 7-8 months old. None of her first litter survived, and Vlad was the only one who made it out of the 2nd litter. :(

Anyways, those are my cats. Yay for cats! :)
.

No comments: