Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yes, that's right, the ScaryWhiteGirl is headed back into a LARP, from the depths of which she is never likely to fully return... :)

Okay, so I will actually return from the LARP, but yay!squee!w00t!, I found us a LARP. Or six.

At the Abney Park show on Saturday night, I got many compliments on my goggles, which are a fabulous pair of Russian goggles that I picked up on eBay. They are simply lovely. :) But anyway, the first person to compliment me on my goggles was standing fairly nearby me, chatting with another girl who was going to the show, and though I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, once I heard the words "Vanish from the Mind's Eye," they had my undivided attention. As soon as they reached a lull in their conversation, I blurted out "LARP or table top?", to which they responded "LARP."

HURRAH! :) The conversation then sped up to a mile a minute as I started pulling details out of the both of them. As it turns out, Emerald City Chronicles is the Camarilla Vampire game under the umbrella of the Emerald Chronicles. Said umbrella keeps five different games out of the rain... and they're all old World of Darkness! HURRAH! :)

The sixth game, as mentioned above, is actually the guy's Firefly LARP, to which I was invited, but sadly had to decline. Jerome's work schedule is a little bit unstable at the moment (which may bode poorly for the Scion game), and I think it will make my life a whole lot easier if I only go to games that are in relatively close proximity to home. Yes, the buses go everywhere in this city, but I've heard that they are odd on the east side of Lake Washington, and, well, that's where said Firefly game plays.

The EC games, on the other hand, are at UW, which is not too far at all from where we live. And oh my. Are there ever games. From 6-9 p.m., there are three games to choose from: Sabbat, Mage, or Changeling. Trust me, that is not an easy decision for me. And from 10 p.m.-2 a.m., there are two games to choose from: Camarilla or Werewolf. Gah! Again!

Right now, I'm going with Changeling in the early slot, and Camarilla in the late slot. What I think I like most about this is that if I decide that one or the other (or both) aren't my style, I have a few other games to try out to see how they fit. But I think I'm gonna like the two that I chose. The Cam game STs have been very quick to respond to my questions, and that makes me a very happy camper.

More on this later, I'm sure. :)
.

No comments: