Friday, November 16, 2007

Blargh.

So yeah, we didn't get to see "Beowulf" last night after all. So no review yet. From what I've read of reviews thus far, I think I will be very torn by the end result. They apparently came up with all sorts of craziness for this version, basing their new stuff on the fact that Beowulf is unreliable as a narrator. Hate to say it, but I'm like 99% sure that Beowulf ISN'T the narrator in the poem. I suppose if he's the narrator of the movie, that works, but I dunno how logical that sounds, based on the plot. The CG and 3-D will probably impress the heck out of me, though.

End of the Work Week Wisdom:
"My new life's ambition is to be the Grant Morrison's Magneto of gaming. Genocidal, calculating, a bit impulsive, and ultimately beheaded by Wolverine."
--Nathan, a.k.a. doclawless

Though I don't read comics and don't get all of the subtle nuances of what he's saying, I can't resist a quote that ends "and ultimately beheaded by Wolverine." Genius! :)

The next four days are going to be very long for me. Jerome is flying to Illinois tomorrow for a funeral, and won't be back until late Tuesday. :( Luckily, I've got a full day tomorrow (craft show and game), and plenty to keep me busy on Sunday as well. If I can just make myself work lots on Monday and Tuesday, I might be able to keep my mind off of it. :(

Also, I have been informed that if I make $291 at the craft show tomorrow, I can do anything I want. I plan to buy socks. And probably other stuff too. :)

Don't ask about the $291 figure. It's kinda random. :)

No comments: