Tuesday, November 20, 2007

*victory lap*

That's right, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, and I have only 3 more gifts to buy. (And 8 more to finish, but that's neither here nor there.) I am proud to say, too, that everything I've bought has been a handmade gift of one sort or another. :) If I'm very lucky, I will actually manage to go entirely handmade this year, which is super awesome!

The only potential sticking point is that one of the remaining gifts I have to buy is for a Toys for Tots donation. I need to check out the Toys for Tots site and see if handmade gifts are acceptable. (If anyone reading happens to know the answer to this question, post it in the comments.) Honestly, with all of the toy recalls, I would think that handmade toys would be preferable to store bought toys!

Of course, I can't show off any of the gifts just yet, since a) I'm not sure which of my family members might stumble across this blog from time to time, and b) only two of the gifts have come directly to me. I'm having almost everything sent to my mom's house, so that I don't have to have an entire suitcase full of presents to take on the plane. Especially as some of the gifts are fragile, and others couldn't be taken as carry-ons, I'd definitely rather not let the baggage handlers mangle them. :)

I will say, however, that I spent an hour and a half standing in front of the card table last night, before I realized that sitting down was a much better idea. But I got one gift done that way, so not too much more to get done. Now, I just need to figure out a way to balance making new things for my shop and for Christmas gifts over the next couple of weeks. I do have over a month till Christmas, though just under a month before we fly home. But thinking "oh, it's still a month away" is the exact thing that has had me cross-stitching until the wee hours of the morning the day before a present needed to be done in past years. Thank you, I think I'll get all this stuff done sooner rather than later. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for buying handmade!!! Have you thought about childrens soaps with fun items embedded in them??

I'm not sure what the rules are, but kudos to you for putting in the toys for tots bin!!
Hugs.
Janell

Unknown said...

Wow, you're almost done! That's impressive...uh...I haven't even started yet! Uh-oh.