Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another day...

Well, they're forecasting sun for today, but I haven't seen it yet. Right now I can't even see the ocean, as it's covered in fog. Fog seems to be the way of the morning around here, though--lots of it when I was driving yesterday morning, and then mostly cleared up by about 11 or maybe noon.

Today I'm going to be in the same office all day long, finishing up with handwritten stuff and moving on to typed stuff. Normally, I wouldn't mind the handwritten stuff too much--after all, that's what I worked with for close to 9 years at my old job. But the handwriting I'm dealing with here has proved rather annoying. The main annoyance is that they seem to have crammed as much writing as possible onto each page, which makes it difficult to scan through quickly. The paragraph breaks aren't terribly clear, so you can't just pick out the first line of each paragraph to skim. Quite annoying. :)

When you work with a lot of documents, you spend a lot of time thinking about ways that long-dead people could have done things to make your job easier. Too bad they probably weren't thinking "oh, I need to make this tidy for that girl who's going to be looking at this 100 years from now." :)

In other news, there is a store here called Pippi Longstockings, which sells crazy socks. I don't think I'm going to be able to go in there without buying something. Luckily, I think I've got a bit of spare space in my suitcase. :)

No comments: