Monday, September 22, 2008

And I'm back. :)

So in case it wasn't clear from my mini-posts last week, Kansas and Kansas City was pretty awesome. It was really wonderful getting to spend so much time with my sister and her family, and I especially enjoyed the time with my nephew, who I am declaring the smartest and cutest 2 1/2 year old boy EVER! He's incredibly well behaved and cooperative, mostly easy to understand, and so very loving. I got tons of hugs and kisses from him every day. :)

It's really cool to finally be able to hang out with my sister for more than a week and NOT have us drive each other batty. Granted, we did only spend maybe 5 hours together each day, but with the way we used to fight, this was quite an accomplishment. It's hard when you're 6 years apart, and just about as different as night and day. :) She jokingly referred to herself as the "black sheep" of our family, and yet she's the one who's just about as normal as a girl can be. It's just that our family is made up of weirdos. :)

I'm also working to convince my nephew that I am his silly aunt, and Megan is his crazy aunt. This seems to be working thus far. :) I just can't wait to see him again at Christmas, because I'm sure he'll remember me this time. Too often, my niece and nephew both just get overwhelmed and confused when the holidays roll around, because that's the only time the family gets together. With a whole year between visits (and the fact that they're still both pretty young), it's no wonder they're like "who are you?" most of the time at Christmas. This year, he'll remember. :)

No comments: