Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I think my shoes are trying to kill me...


Okay, not really. But I do apparently need to learn to walk properly in heels, as I've nearly turned my ankle twice today. Trying to break in a fancy pair of Oxford-look heels, that remind me of a 1920s secretary's shoe. (HAH! Google search, and you will be rewarded. Those are the exact pair of shoes I'm wearing over there to the right.) The heel could, of course, be much worse, but this is enough of a challenge for me.

The good news, of course, is that I'm doing okay in them aside from the shoes trying to kill me, so if I practice walking in them a bit more, I should be fine to wear them on Friday night. Hurrah!

And what is Friday night, you may ask? Abney Park is playing in Seattle, and I'm working the merch table as always. I've started referring to myself as the erstwhile stowaway on the Ophelia, in fact. :) I just haven't managed to go with them for any out of town shows yet... :) So at any rate, this means snazzing it up in my steampunk best, which includes the vest and bloomer set that I bought from Brown Button, and the snazzy shoes above.

I'm still working on the rest of the outfit, as I don't want to look entirely like I stepped out of a Tim Burton movie (the vest and bloomers involve black and white stripes). I'm thinking a black skirt and white and black striped tights are a must, but then hopefully get some olive drab into the equation with my shirt or jacket. I also have to be very careful to not get too many competing patterns involved here, which is a shame, because I have two skirts I've made that I really would love to wear... but I've been waiting to debut the vest and bloomers for a good long while now...

*sigh* The perils of the only occasionally fashionable... :)

No comments: