Thursday, September 04, 2008

To walk or not to walk...

So last night, I decided that the best option for me to get dinner was for me to walk to the Riverwalk, where I was sure I could find food. The hotel has a restaurant downstairs, but that's where I've been having my breakfasts, and I wanted a change of scenery for dinner. So I walked, and found food. Of course, I found all of the INTERESTING food after I had already eaten, mainly because I fixated on the first place I saw, and did not look around to see what other options were there. What can I say? I was hungry!

As it turns out, there are a TON of restaurants down there, and it's a really pleasant location as well, right along the San Antonio River (which I say is a fake river, but as it turns out, it's a quasi-real river with modifications). The only problem is that walking is the easiest way to get there, and it's probably about half a mile each way if I walk. Seeing as my only pair of shoes that I brought with me is my sandals (comfy, but not great for long walks), I may have to see what the dinner menu looks like downstairs. If it's the same as the room service menu, I guess I'm hiking again. :)

I'm really liking this short trip--basically a day of travel on either end and only two days on the ground. Sure, I could do without the need to spend an entire day in transit, but I pick my hours back up on the way home tomorrow, making it a 26 hour long day, but meaning I'll have the evening to spend with my sweetie! :)

No comments: