Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A strange week


I'm really not a fan of weeks where I have a day off in the middle. I mean sure, it's nice to have a day off whenever, but the ones with days off in the middle just throw me off for the rest of the week. Is today Tuesday, or is it mini-Thursday? If it's mini-Thursday, then tomorrow can be mini-Friday, and then I can have real Friday on Friday. :) Ooh, I like the sound of that. :)

Regardless of what day it is, I've still gotta work on building my stock back up for Punk Rock Flea Market. I've gotten surprisingly low on most of the items I plan to take with me to that show. And thinking about this led to me thinking about the success I've had with the Decapitated Dollies. This is my first product line where I know for certain when they rolled out (hah, no pun intended) and can easily track the sales of them to date. And while I'd have to check my records at home, I'm pretty sure that I've averaged a sale a month on them, making them a pretty darn successful line. :)

Of course, I ought to look into this for my other items as well, but the Decaps have always been pretty easy to track. I know I only have one left from the initial group of four I made. I've sold all of several of the other "series" that I've done. I'm actually reaching a point where I think I might be considering recreating the historic and pop culture ones. The rest are all one of a kind, so there will never be another Patti O'Furniture or Nikki the Valley Girl. :)

All in all, this is to say that I have had a pretty successful year in terms of my crafting business, and that makes me a happy camper! Anyone else got success stories to share? I'd love to hear them! :)

No comments: