Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SNOW!

Okay, so I've been hearing all these rumblings about the snow storm that's supposed to hit tomorrow. On Monday, one of my co-workers was already planning on working from home that day, rather than coming in to the office. Today I got a message from another co-worker that she's expecting her kids to have a snow day tomorrow, so we will work on our stuff over E-mail if need be. All the while, I'm going "hello, this is Seattle?!"

Then I looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow, and I guess they're not kidding around about this snow. Starting at 5 a.m., it's a 50% chance of snow, and it's supposed to continue to snow all day long. That means the likelihood of it sticking (on top of the ice that still lingers in a few places) is pretty high... and that also means that maybe that idea of working at home is a good one.

Sadly, tho, I'm scheduled to go to UW tomorrow. If I can't get over there, then I can't get over there. But I definitely did not bring enough stuff home with me to work for 8 hours tomorrow... just enough to work for an hour or so before the library at UW opens... *sigh*...

No comments: