Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer in Seattle


Oof. It's been way too hot lately in Seattle, which is really difficult to deal with. Jeremy's apartment does not have cool little hiding spots like mine did, and I just think it's been hotter all around. I've been jumping in the shower quickly before bed so that I can actually get to sleep at night, and once the sun starts coming up, I'm ready to get out of bed and back into the shower to cool off again. Truly ridiculous, if you ask me!

I'm trying to think cool thoughts at the moment, though, because I'm really hoping for cooler weather by the weekend. We did Jeremy's storage unit move this past weekend (which was more fun than it had any right to be) and we're doing the one big moving push with our friends this Saturday. After that's done, all that will be left is to move smaller stuff in the car, and hire movers to put my big furniture into storage. We've been recruiting friends with the lure of food, and it looks like we might have enough people to actually move my stuff. The one fear has been that the teenaged girls and I probably can't handle carrying my entertainment center, so we're hoping at least a couple of the guys will be able to make it to help Jeremy with that. It is seriously heavy.

We're doing the studio move on Saturday as well, though most of that stuff is fairly lightweight. My vintage table-mounted sewing machine is the true beast, and really, it's mostly just unwieldly and awkward to carry. I'm so excited to be getting my stuff moved into my studio, and have already been scheduling the rest of the moving tasks around a few nights that I plan to spend at the studio, getting stuff made. Very exciting!

There might be pictures of the studio once I'm all moved in, and maybe some pictures from the apartment, once the dust there has settled. Really, though, there won't be much to see in the apartment, as it'll just be a rearranging of the living room and adding furniture to the bedroom. Trust me, you won't be missing much. :)

No comments: