Monday, August 17, 2009

Gaming galore!

So we had the usual weekend of lots of gaming. Saturday was Exalted, where I somehow managed to grab the wrong character sheet, and couldn't figure out why my character was so smart... nor why she had so little Willpower. Eventually, when we got to combat, I figured it out. :) I really need to throw away my old character sheet, or otherwise not have it in the book that we take with us to game. :)

Sunday was the Dragon Blooded game, and it was a whole lot of silly fun. Somehow, my character became the responsible one (she's one of the youngest in the group), paired up most of her cousins with their perfect spouses, and got married and had a kid of her own. :) It's a little bit of a bummer that she became responsible, because she's not really a pirate anymore. But when asked if she wanted to give up her Admiralship, she absolutely refused... meaning she had to do things the traditional way and basically conform to the status quo. Ah well, at least she runs the entire Imperial Navy now. :) (We do have 5 years of downtime between the games, so I MIGHT have her go back to her piratical ways, but there's been a lot of story stuff related to her growing up, so it seems a little disingenuous to go back on that now.)

We've only got two more sessions of the Dragon Blooded game, and then two months off before I start in on my Vampire: the Masquerade game. I'm very much looking forward to getting to run a game for a regular group again, since it's been almost a year since I had that in my gaming schedule. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the game at a reasonable number of players, especially for our tiny little apartment. :)

I'm really happy, though, because all of my gaming books are at our apartment now. And while I've realized that I got rid of a lot of books that would be useful now, I've still got some fun stuff that has reemerged. :)

No comments: