Monday, November 23, 2009

Absolute success!

The EtsyRain Holiday Craft show was an absolute success for me. I was selling arm warmers so quickly on Saturday that I couldn't even keep them on my arms! Literally! A woman liked the pair that I was wearing (which I had originally made for myself), and asked if she could buy them, in addition to the other pairs she had picked out. Who am I to say no to such a request? I can always make myself another pair or two. :)

I also sold a LOT of my eyeball cat toys. People were really amused by my jar of eyeballs (I displayed them in plastic jar that once held Parmesan cheese and a baby food jar), and I think the price point for them was perfect. My jar was almost empty at the end of Saturday, so I restocked on Sunday in between making more arm warmers (including two custom orders for vendors nearby).

On top of all of my sales, my shop is looking a little thin in places this morning, since I sent my ice cream cozies, coffee cozies, and remaining cat toys to the Black Door Studio in Everett for their holiday open house on the 28th and 29th.

So I'll be spending my bus commutes for the foreseeable future working on items to restock my shop! I've still got two more shows to do this winter!

No comments: