Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The noveling continues

I'm just shy of 40,000 words on my novel, and am well on pace to finish my 50,000 words by the end of the month. Of course, last night was when I got the first glimpse of just how much will be unwritten by the time I get to 50,000 words, as I have just started tapping into the fictional history part of the novel. I want to write pages and pages of history for this world that I've made up, but it really doesn't have a place in the narrative portion of the story.

I think that there are parts of my novel that will get yanked when I sit down to edit it, and maybe then the history can be worked in. But I think that what I'm really looking at is a whole other book for this fictional history... and of course, that's what my brain is stuck on right now. *sigh*

In other news, Jeremy and I have stumbled across a vast cat conspiracy. Whenever we are getting ready to go out of town, one of the cats gets sick. First it was Delilah, then it was Gabe, and now it's my new kitten, Black. :( I'm taking a short lunch today so that I can leave work early and take him to the vet, and Jeremy will bus straight to the vet from work. I have, of course, been freaking myself out by looking up what his symptoms might mean, and finding all sorts of gloom and doom. Hurrah for the internet, right?

Seeing as there are only 2 more cats who could possibly get sick to continue this trend, and only one more trip for us after this weekend, I'm hoping that our conspiracy is not real. I'm also grateful for the fact that we've managed to juggle the finances sick cats and Christmas shopping pretty successfully, and that D and Gabe are both better now.

Think good thoughts for my kitten, if you're so inclined. I would be thrilled if I get home to take him to the vet and he's already healthy again...

No comments: