Friday, May 14, 2010

Soon it will be tomorrow!

I'm very excited about tomorrow, because tomorrow is the day that my sister, her husband, and their two kids arrive in Seattle! They're here for just about 24 hours, en route to Hawaii, but we get to meet them at the airport, ride the light rail to downtown, and take them to the Seattle Aquarium and Pike Place Market. Although my niece is too young to appreciate all this, I know that my nephew is going to have a blast. He loves trains, so the light rail should be really fun for him. There's also a ton of fun stuff to do at the aquarium, and they don't have an aquarium in Kansas City.

This only marks the second time that any of my family members have made it out to Seattle, and I've lived here almost 3 years now. Megan came out a little less than a year after I moved out, because she had a job interview (she didn't take the job :( ). My mom will be out later this summer. My dad offered to come out, but there were a lot of logistical challenges and it didn't happen. And my brother and his family will probably never make it out here, but that's fair, since I've refused to go to Chicago ever since I had a miserable time there one weekend. And almost got stuck in their airport overnight.

I'm hoping that the kids will hold up to a day of playing tourist, though we've made arrangements in case they need naps. I made each of them a lavender pillow for their plane rides to and from Hawaii, out of soft old T-shirts and ribbon I had on hand. I'm hoping they will help them sleep on the planes, because I don't envy my sister having those long plane rides with fussy kids. Even if they don't use them as pillows, they should be nice little things for them to snuggle. :)

I'm planning on making more of the lavender pillows for Counting Stars, but I've decided that it would be a good idea to put a removable cover on them. So they're still in the works for the rest of the world. :)

No comments: