Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stuff and nonsense

1) I'm working on an epically awesome crochet project of epic awesomeness. If the initial epic awesomeness works out, there will be spawn of epic awesomeness as well. (This is all suitably vague, dontcha think? There will be a picture in a couple of weeks. :) )

2) I have somehow slated myself to write four stories by the end of the year. Not sure what I was thinking with that, since I have pretty much NO writing time when derby starts back up next week.

3) Derbyderbyderbyderbyderby. :) I think I'm going to be going to practices 3 days a week starting in September. Maybe 4 days a week, once Booty Camp starts. Yeah. Eat breathe sleep derby. :)

4) We watched Whip It last night. Jeremy has decided that he shouldn't watch derby movies with a ref. I couldn't help but comment on legality and illegality of some of the stuff they did. I guess that means I'm picking some things up. :)

5) I'm currently working my way through The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi, who Jeremy met in Kansas (and introduced me to as well). This mainly entails reading about 4 pages each night, while Jeremy is feeding Delilah and I am already in bed. Not the most productive way to read, but I'll take what I can manage. (This is, at least partially, a bit of research for one of the short stories I plan to write.)

6) My mom will be visiting Seattle for the first time EVER. She arrives on Saturday, we whisk her off to Portland for a couple of days (where she has also never been), bring her back for one night, and then put her on a cruise to Alaska. I have no idea what we will be doing for large chunks of the time. We have spa appointments, plans to do a wine tasting, and a place to sleep. Oh, and Powells is a given, even if Jeremy and I REALLY do not need to buy more books. :)

No comments: