Friday, January 17, 2003

Lookie, lookie! It's the Friday Five!

1. Where do you currently work? The Ulysses S. Grant Association, at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.

2. How many other jobs have you had and where? Hmmm... let's see... I worked at McDonalds starting the summer after my senior year of high school, and for the 4 summers after that. I worked for my mom's friend as a secretary some summers. During college, I had a quasi-student work job helping a professor with grading and class stuff. After I graduated, I got a teaching assistantship for 2 and a half years while I worked on my Master's. I babysat for Southern Baptist children one summer. Then I came down here, and was a research assistant for a year, and have had my current job since then. I think that's all... :)

3. What do you like best about your job? It can be really interesting, and it's actually within the field I studied (my mom, on hearing that I wanted to be a history major, told me that I'd never find work in my field unless I taught)...

4. What do you like least about your job? Sometimes, when I don't have any interesting projects (read: projects that I actually want to do), it's pretty boring...

5. What is your dream job? I like what I'm doing now, but it would be so much better if I could stay at home, and work in my pajamas! THAT'S my dream job! :)

::..::

End of the Work Week Wisdom:

Joyce: How can you hate it so much?
Steve: It eats my relatives!

--Rose Red

::..::

And, in other news, I REALLY want a new computer... Gabe's new laptop ROCKS! He can talk to it, and it will (mostly) do what he tells it to do! It just has some confusion between "page down" and "paste clipboard," apparently... hehehehe... :) And the screensavers are so kewl... *sigh*... I will not break down and get a Mac just because they do pretty things... :p

No comments: