Friday, July 11, 2003

Added some new dolls to the Gallery... one of them is at least my basic idea of how I'm gonna dress for the NPC I'm playing soon (as in tomorrow), Corin... well, longer skirt, and a different shirt (since I don't own a shirt like the one in the picture), but yeah, that's the basic idea... though maybe sunglasses, just because...

It's been REALLY hard for me to get something figured out for her costuming... I originally was going to go with raver kid type stuff... but that isn't all that far from what Dani wears... for example, I bought a pair of black bondage pants, with olive green "trim" (the straps are olive green with black stars, and a little bit of the detailing is similar)... two weeks ago, when I was looking for something to wear to game, Gabe asked me if I wasn't wearing my new pants... which he assumed I had gotten to wear for Dani... cuz they're definitely her style... well, that (among other things) made me rethink the costuming for Corin...

The other thing that made me rethink the costuming was the fact that as I was working over the details of this NPC in my mind, I realized that she was going to end up being kinda quirky and cutesy... wait, that's what I'm already playing, in two games... Dani and Jubilee... so that, also, made me rewind my thought process a little bit...

Now I can't do entirely non-quirky, but I can at least tone it down... so I'm going to go with relatively plain looking clothing... basic colors (lots of black and white... and absolutely no purple... that's Dani's signature color...), more tailored looking stuff (knee length skirts, maybe dress pants...), etc. I can't do costuming without jewelry, so I've picked out a simple (but really pretty) choker, and a couple of those "jelly-ish" bracelets that were so popular in the 80's... the kind that you could link together... eh, I can't really describe them very well...

But I do have a feeling that I'm going to have to wear basically the same thing for her every time I NPC her... either that, or it's gonna look like I'm going to work on Saturday nights... :)

Wow... this is like the longest entry I've written in a long time, and it's not about movies... shock and surprise... :) Eh, what can I say... I like costuming for LARP... it's a lot of fun! :)

Maybe I will end up writing the article that I've been tossing around in my head... just some ideas about how to put together an effective LARP wardrobe... one that lets people know, as soon as they see you, which character you're playing... which would be infinitely helpful to those who have to play a lot of characters (like STs), or those who end up with a lot of characters... (*cough*not mentioning any names*cough*)

No comments: