Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wow... between this weekend and last night, I have a whole bunch of new music to mention. Woo hoo! :)

First mention goes to "The Unquiet Grave III." I have had 1, 2, and 4 (though they're not all exactly called that) for a good long while, but somehow, 3 had eluded me. I had seen it online, I had just never broken down and ordered it. Well, Megan and I got to do some shopping in KC, and the magnetic pull of Hot Topic drew me in, as per the usual. Mostly, they just had the same old stuff as our HT, but they had this CD set, and I was ecstatic. (They also had a kid who I swore must have been 12 working there, and he offered to teach me how to tie a tie. But the tie I wanted, while very kewl and skullerific, was way too long for me. Ah well.)

And then we have Cursive, The Editors, and The Postal Service. The latter two are most definitely in that whole redo of the 80s thing that is so big right now, and has been for a bit. Both have similarities to Interpol. I am hooked, particularly on The Postal Service, though I suspect The Editors are going to grow on me quickly. Cursive is a bit different, and I haven't had a chance to listen to them thoroughly yet, but it seems pretty damn good thus far. I've been warned that it's mostly their newest CD that is good, and that their older stuff isn't so great, so I'll pass that warning along.

Mostly, though, right now, I'm really looking forward to the TMBG show (2 1/2 more weeks!)... and listening to a whole lot of TMBG... something about Megan not letting me switch that CD out for anything else pretty much the whole time we were in my car over the weekend. :)
.

No comments: