Monday, September 24, 2007

Blah...

I spent most of the weekend ill, but I got a surprising amount done, too. Mostly, this involved a bunch of cleaning up our bedroom, and doing the normal weekend chores. I also started making a bunch of baby sized hats, which are just the cutest things in the world. No pictures of them yet, but hopefully I'll get some time to take pictures later on. Somehow, lounging on the couch and crocheting was mostly all I wanted to do.

I did get a little bit of writing done too, but when I get sick, one of the main symptoms is almost always a fuzzy brain, which has difficulty coming up with words. I do gain the ability to hyper-focus, which is part of why I can be so productive at crocheting when I'm not feeling well. I'm not sure if this is a particularly useful skill or not, but I'll take what I can get, I suppose.

And I'm feeling mostly better today, though still not great. It is rather annoying that I get sick only on the weekends, but I suppose it's better than being sick during the week, when I would have to take sick time that I don't have access to until the end of November. *sigh*

At any rate, we bought our tickets for They Might Be Giants on Friday, for the concert on Wednesday night. Jerome has never seen them before; I think I've lost count as to how many times I've seen them. :) (I want to say this will be the 10th time, but I could be wrong.) That's about the only plans we have this week, though I think Jerome wants to get his ears stretched on Friday, assuming that Laughing Buddah still has the Decepticon 5/8 inch earrings. :)

No comments: